|MSK CEO Francis Wachira|
MSK started as the advertising society of Kenya in 1977. It became the Marketing Society of Kenya in 1977. The first chairperson was Nigel Crouch, then the MD of Cadbury Schweppes. MSK’s vision is to be the recognized professional authority setting and maintaining world class standards for Marketing being the force behind business in Kenya and beyond.The Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK), is a membership organization whose main objectives are to:
- Develop a deeper knowledge of marketing through training opportunities
- Provide services to members and registered students
- Make the principles and practices of marketing widely known and effectively used throughout the industry
- Offer a platform for self regulation for practicing marketers.
MSK’s membership categories include
CATEGORY HONORIFIC CURREN T FEES
1. Corporate member (platinum) (CPMSK) Registration Fees Kshs 50,000 (one off)
Annual Subscription Kshs 25,000
2. Corporate member (gold) (CGMSK) Registration Fees Kshs 30,000 (one off)
Annual Subscription Kshs 15,000
3. Full Member (MMSK) Registration Fees Kshs 8,000 (one off)
Annual Subscription Kshs 5,000
4. Associate member (AMSK) Registration Fees Kshs 6,000 (one off
Annual Subscription Kshs 4,000
5. Student Members Ksh 1,000
Sokoni monthly the official magazine of the marketing society of Kenya is supposed to be published monthly however that isn’t the case. The last issue of the magazine was done in June this year.
The society has mtandariko; which is MSK’s networking brand. The monthly event happens every third Wednesday of the month. Through this medium MSK makes available a forum for marketers to meet in a relaxed manner interact. The event takes different forms of venue, programme, activities layout all to ensure the event doesn’t become boring. The last one was held on the last week of September at the KWS club Nairobi National park.
Apart from the mtandariko MSK has other events such as the MSK jadili, The annual Gala/MSK warrior awards which rewards top marketers and organisation, fun day, small groups forums, retreats, excursions quiz nite and exhibitions.
MSK also offers short marketing courses, one day seminars, and the MSK executive diploma
|Francis wachira's book|