A slogan is an advertising tag-line or phrase that advertisers create to visually expresses the importance and benefits of their product. By and large, it’s a theme to a campaign that usually have a genuine role in people’s lives. It has the ability to loan people’s time and attention by putting consumers at the heart of the solution.
Here's the guidelines to creating a super cool slogan.
- Identification. A good slogan must stay consistent with the brand name either obviously stated or strongly implied. It’s better to include the name of your business to it. Think KFC and their "It's Lickin Good"
- Memorable. Some of the best taglines or slogans are still being used today, even though they were launched several years ago.
- Beneficial. Reveal your purpose and benefits of the product by conveying the message in consumer language. Turn bad into good. Suggest the risk of not using the product. Create a positive feeling for the consumers. Think Coca Cola here....they've had several but think of Open Happiness, Coke side of life?
- Differentiation. In an overcrowded market, companies on the same industry need to set themselves apart through their creative and original tagline or slogan. Think about FedEx....when there's no tomorrow.
- Keep it simple. Use proven words and short keywords. One word is usually not enough, two or maybe three which is the most popular. Apple rocks here for me....Beauty outside, beast inside! Says so much about their brand.