Wednesday 20 June 2012

Social Media For Business in Kenya- Frida Owinga


Frida Owinga
CEO & Founder
Passion Profit 
Tell us something about your business or professional background?
 PassionProfit equips aspiring and existing entrepreneurs with skills and tools to create ,manage and grow successful world class organizations.
In what ways do you use social media personally and for business?
Personally - to connect with friends and family. Especially friends abroad as I lived there for 10 years.
Business wise - to build my brand as a speaker and authority in entrepreneurship by sharing relevant content and some times general ideas.
What are some of techniques that you apply online and offline to drive traffic to your page, profile or twitter handle? In what ways have you managed to grow your audience i.e. friends, Likes and followers?
1. Driving Traffic - I try to update consistently with relevant content.
- every time I speak at event or media, I share my FB name and twitter handle.
When did you get into social media (and marketing)? 2010 How frequently do you update Facebook and Twitter? At least 2-3 times daily.
What percentage of referral traffic do you think your site gets from social media sites? Over 70% after an event the numbers grow.
Can you quantify leads from social media that you converted to sales?
               Yes. I can.
What has been your biggest achievement in Social Media Marketing?
One of the anchors on NTV saw my tweet on PassionProfit and it landed me an interview on NTV PM Live show.
And what’s your take on social media give aways?
It all depends on what the give away is and what is the objective of giving it away.
Are they sustainable?
Depending on the answer to (a) above, they can be achievable if one starts with the end in mind, what do they want to achieve, how long will it run, etc.
Would you recommend them to someone? Yes
 What are your strengths and weaknesses/challenges in social media?
Time to be consistent.  Sometimes I forget to  update.
Sometimes I forget and post things that are not relevant to entrepreneurship… e.g. politics. So I try to balance and minimize that.
And would you involve a social media consultant in managing your presence online?  
I would but not at the present time.Is it economically viable to you? No.
Do you feel that you are well connected in Social media spheres?  Does your social media account carry influence? How do you measure success on social media and what metrics or tools do you use to measure the effectiveness of social media? I will pass this one.
How do you manage an online reputation? How do you handle criticism of a company online? What would you recommend to others?
Just be authentic, post value and respond within 24 hours to all requests. Avoid getting antagonistic with people. Social media allows everyone to express themselves and not everyone will agree with you, that’s ok.
What are some of the lessons you’ve learnt about social media that you’d like to share with us? Your advice to Kenyans? Etc All I have said above, I have learnt !

Here's a quote for you from @KenyanMarketer
 “We have technology, finally, that for the first time in human history allows people to really maintain rich connections with much larger numbers of people.” -Pierre Omidyar, eBay Founder

1 comment:

  1. Τhаnks on yоur marνelous postіng!
    ӏ sеrіously enjoyеd reaԁing іt, yοu might be a greаt
    author.I wіll make sure to bοoκmark your blog аnԁ wіll
    evеntuаlly come bасk at some point.
    ӏ wаnt to еnсοurage уou to ultimatеly сontinue your greаt work, hаve а nіce dаy!


    My sitе: 2applyforcash.com
    Visit my web blog :: Online Payday oan

    ReplyDelete